In recent times, product photography has emerged as an indispensable part of advertising and marketing. The overall cost needed for your product photography depends on several crucial elements. Here are some of the main factors that impact product photography pricing.
- Product Size: The shape, size, and weight of a product are hugely significant determining factors behind pricing. Bulky products are not only difficult to handle but also require a bigger shooting space. For instance, huge products like sofas and cabinets are arduous to shoot due to their sheer size. On the other hand, products like daily utensils and rings can be easily handled. Thus, pricing goes up with increasing item size.
- Set Construction: The backdrop of the images is as essential as the product in itself. The more complex and tiresome the set construction, the more the cost. A product might require a relatively simple backdrop or a complex one with greater emphasis on meticulous detailing. Assembly and posing can also be immensely tricky at times. Furthermore, reflective product photography of articles like finger rings needs special lighting, camera angles, lens, etc., significantly increasing the costs.
- Images Per Product: E-commerce websites now have different guidelines for the number and type of product images one can use. It requires photographers to take several shots from different angles and lighting conditions, capturing multiple images at once. Understandably, the total cost will increase as the number of images rises. However, the cost per image might decrease in the case of large campaigns.
- Image Usage: Product pictures are necessary for diverse purposes like e-commerce, advertising, cataloging, etc. Each of these has specific requirements that vary product-wise. For instance, high-quality white-background images with enhanced details are much more costly. Moreover, lifestyle images that aim at catering to target audiences have a relatively higher price tag.
- Project Location: The location where your product pictures are shot massively impacts pricing. For instance, in-studio photo-shoots are less expensive than those done outside. However, convenient locations outside studio walls provide greater creative autonomy despite the higher costs.
- Product Color: It is not always easy to preserve and highlight the color of your products. Tricky lighting adjustments and professional post-processing might be necessary to showcase your product accurately. In such cases, the cost also goes up with increasing complexities.
- Reflectiveness & Translucency: Every product has distinctive requirements concerning its pictorial representation. In the case of reflective product photography, these are pretty complex because mirrors become a part of the equation. The desired degree of reflectiveness or translucency is hugely challenging to match - pushing the costs up considerably.
- Post-Editing: The process of editing post-shoot is also a hugely important factor influencing photography pricing. The trickier and more time-consuming the editing process, the higher would be the overall costs.
The Bottom Line
Thus, product photography pricing relies on several key factors that operate together and impact the final cost. If you want to hire the best product photography agency for your company, you will get all the necessary details online.