Quality product photography can help you significantly boost your sales and revenue. It also enables your potential customers to get a clearer idea of the products they will be buying. But hiring proficient product photographers can somewhat be a costly affair. A great many elements influence what you pay to your service provider. Let us understand a few key factors that impact your product photography pricing.
Product Photography: The Various Factors Determining Pricing
- Project Location: The location of your project, where the pictures are to be shot at, hugely influences the overall pricing. You might want your project photographed at your place (may it be at your business, office, warehouse, shop, or otherwise). Usually, the cost per project for flexible locations is higher than at the service provider's studio.
- Weight of the Product: The heavier or bulkier a product, the greater is the overall charge. Heavier products are more difficult to handle, position and photograph. Hence, your service provider might require a longer time and considerable effort while managing bulkier products.
- Product Shape & Size: Optimally sized easy-to-handle products are understandably more cost-friendly. The shape of your products also affects the ease with which they can be handled and positioned. Furthermore, macro photography for smaller products requires distinctive setups that might increase your costs.
- Preparation Effort: Your service provider might charge you more if your products need building and assembling before photography. It requires a tremendous amount of time, effort, and patience in meticulously preparing the entire setup for capturing the perfect shots. The more elaborate the preparation routine before shooting, the greater is the pricing.
- The Number Of Product Categories: The greater the number of categories per product, the greater is the hassle for your service provider. The more the categories, the more frequent is the need to change the lighting, placement, setting, etc.
- Number Of Products Per Category: The larger the number of products per category, the more convenient it would be for the photographer to shoot. Such a setup enables your service provider to shoot as many photographs as possible in one go. Usually, the cost per image is inversely proportional to the number of products per category.
- Image Nature & Usage: The nature of the images hugely influences your product photography pricing. Cost per project depends on the nature of your photos, that is, for what they would be used such as infographics, lifestyle, blogging, marketing, etc.
- Special Requirements: You will have to incur additional costs for availing of special services such as intensive product clean-up, varied backgrounds, images backup, CD burning, advanced retouching, group shots, display modifications, display modifications, and so on.
Hiring professional product photographers might seem a hefty investment at first glance. But the manifold benefits should not be overlooked. Product photos are the first things your potential customers look for to get a rough idea about your products. Top-notch photos can help you significantly boost your sales and enhance your brand value. Hence all the costs are worth it considering the myriad benefits you will enjoy. For product photography in Chicago, you can get all the necessary details online.