Time is crucial when dealing with a flooding event. Floods can damage almost anything in your home or business, including your carpets. If flood damage is not immediately handled, the resulting property loss can be costly. Damaged carpets usually require the expertise of a professional cleaning company, such as ServiceMaster Clean by LoveJoy in Georgia.
Before the restoration team arrives, learn about some ways you can deal with carpets and rugs after a flood or water loss.
Can Carpets Be Saved After Flood Damage?
- Removable carpets and rugs can be professionally cleaned after water extraction has taken place.
- Installed carpets may have to be replaced as they are difficult to clean and sanitize.
- Flood damage cleanup needs to be handled professionally. To elevate the probability of salvaging your carpets after flood damage, allow professionals to handle the cleanup and restoration, rather than doing it on your own.
What to Do With a Flooded Carpet
Proper carpet cleanup requires professional help. When your carpet has been flooded, here are some steps you can take before the cleaning team arrives:
- Remove breakables from the tops of furniture in the room or area to be cleaned.
- Pick up items from the floor, such as rugs, plants, garbage cans, etc.
- Pre-vacuum all areas to be cleaned.
Post carpet cleaning instructions:
- Do not walk on freshly cleaned carpets for at least 8 hours, as this may flatten the fibers.
- To speed up the drying time if necessary and help air circulation, use air movers.
- If carpet protectors have been applied, there should be minimal foot traffic for up to 24 hours to let the product cure.
- Wait two days before placing heavy furniture back onto carpet if not using blocks if extraction was performed.
- Wait for carpet to dry completely or for the carpet protector to be cured before moving furniture back.
How is Professional Carpet Cleaning Done?
- Inspection of carpet to outline the best method and results
- Pre-treating of spots and stains
- Application of carpet cleaning solution to loosen soil in the carpet
- Rinsing and extracting with clean water to ensure cleaning solution and soil are removed
- Raking carpet to align carpet fibers for even appearance
- Applying carpet protection (when requested)
- Moving and replacing small furniture items to original position
- Placing blocks and foil under furniture legs to protect carpet during drying process
Benefits of Professional Carpet Cleaning at ServiceMaster Clean by LoveJoy
- CERTIFIED PROFESSIONALS - Our team includes IICRC-certified professionals who have the training and experience to provide quality clean while following the highest industry standards.
- SAVES TIME & ENERGY - While there is carpet cleaning equipment you can rent out, it can be a pain trying to learn how to use it. Our professionals can get the job done quickly and to your satisfaction.
- PROFESSIONAL EQUIPMENT - Our team uses cutting edge equipment and advanced technology to get deep into your carpet for the ultimate clean.
- RESTORE YOUR CARPET - With our cleaning system, we’ll have your carpet looking like new again.
- PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY - Our carpet cleaning services can help prevent mold growth, remove bacteria and prevent allergens to keep your family safe.
Make an Appointment with ServiceMaster Clean by LoveJoy Today
ServiceMaster Clean by LoveJoy of Atlanta has a 24/7-available reliable response a with live answering service to answer all your concerns. We service residential and commercial properties in Atlanta, Sandy Springs, Decatur, Stockbridge, Conyers, McDonough, Stone Mountain, Covington, Social Circle, and Dekalb County, Georgia and surrounding areas.