Any water damage
to your home needs immediate action. By contacting knowledgeable and skilled professionals, a fast response time can drastically reduce both the destruction
that water damage in Georgia
inflicts on your property and the cost of restoration.
Professional Water Damage Restoration in Georgia
At ServiceMaster of Cobb
, we understand that you need someone to be there right away to assess and explain the situation and we offer 24/7 emergency service
so we can be there when you need us most.
- You will benefit from our extensive experience in extraction and drying.
- The technicians of our IICRC-certified firm will work quickly to address the source of the water, to locate any hidden leaks, and to develop a strategic plan for affected areas before any more devastation can occur.
- No matter the size, source, or scope of the water situation, our team is here to help.
Types of Water Damage and Health Risks
- Category 1:
- Water that escapes from a clean and sanitary source such as faucets, toilet tanks, and drinking fountains. However, Category 1 can quickly degrade into Category 2 if not dealt with right away.
- Category 2:
- Commonly known as grey water, this describes water that is contaminated with chemical, physical, or biological elements or water that travels through another material, such as insulation or drywall, which may cause illnesses.
- Category 3:
- Water that contains significant pathogens and is grossly unsanitary. It could cause severe illness or death if ingested. Also called "black water".
- Category 3 water includes:
- sewer backups,
- flooding from rivers or streams,
- toilet overflows, and
- stagnant liquid that has begun to support bacterial growth.
What is Black Water and What Should I Do About It?
- Do not run water or use toilets in affected and unaffected areas until the source of the blockage can be identified and corrected.
- Stop up all drain openings to limit the chances of further backup. Additional pressure may be needed to be applied to keep openings sealed.
- Block toilets with rags or a mop if possible.
- Stay away from affected areas so contamination doesn’t spread.
- If you absolutely have to occupy contaminated areas, wear rubber boots and gloves.
- Power down central heating or air conditioning units and cover vents in the affected areas until they can be looked at.
- Leave contaminated items in affected areas and do not take them to clean areas.
- Collect contaminated garments and place them in a container or garbage bag.
- Don’t attempt to clean anything that may have come into contact with contaminated water.
- Completely avoid any water that appears contaminated and wash immediately if you think that you may have gotten in contact with contaminated water.
- Do not spread contaminated water to unaffected areas.
- If breakers are safely accessible, turn off power in affected areas.
- If the source of the water intrusion can be determined, use the shut-off valve to stop the flow.
How Do You Know You’re Choosing the Right Water Damage Restoration Company?
Searching for water damage restoration services in Georgia
can be frustrating in the middle of an emergency. When you call ServiceMaster of Cobb
, you can rest assured that you will receive quality customer service and the highest-level cleanup services from experienced professionals. We commit that you will receive:
- Top-notch customer service in the industry
- Experienced, certified, and hardworking professionals dedicated to helping you
- Industry-standard procedures and equipment
- Fast and reliable 24/7 emergency service
- Comfort in knowing that you will be taken care of right the first time
We will work directly with your insurance company on covered losses so your property is restored back to normal as quickly as possible. Contact us
as soon as your property has been impacted by water damage
and we will immediately dispatch a team to your home and begin extracting and drying any water affecting your property. Call us at 678-264-3310.