What is Water Damage?
Water damage is a serious hazard and happens far more often than people think. It can strike a home at any time, resulting from any number of different problems, leaving the homeowner unsure of where to turn for water extraction and restoration. Any leak, whether due to faulty plumbing, a leaky roof, or other issues, can cause structural damage which can continue to worsen over time if not properly treated.
Water damage can bring havoc and devastation to your properties like:
- When left unattended for long time water can infiltrate into your personal belongings, appliances, walls, and floors.
- You also have to watch out for contamination. This mostly happens after dealing with floodwater. Contaminated water is very dangerous for you and your family’s health.
Why Hire A Professional Water Damage Restoration Service?
- We at ServiceMaster of Savannah have the needed extraction equipment to deal with standing water.
- Our water damage restoration specialist has the right tools and equipment to handle any water damage.
- Flooding waters can penetrate cracks and holes you can’t see and a good assessment by ServiceMaster of Savannah can spot those holes and cracks.
- We have the needed equipment to properly extract water and start the drying process.
- We ensure that all the safety and proper water extraction procedures are followed so electrical outlets are dried properly before your power is turned back on.
- Other than water and fire damage you can also trust us with:
- We are 24/7 ready to assist you and have our emergency response team to respond to your needs any time of the day.
Signs That Your Home Has Water Damage
Any water damage expert will tell you that the most important factor in determining the extent and costs of water damage is how quickly you are able to spot the damage and begin fixing it. Some signs of water damage are easy to spot, while others require a bit more of a trained eye. Still, if you suspect that there has been water damage, you should be on the lookout for the following signs
- Dark or wet spots on the wall or ceiling
- Drywall that begins to flake or crack
- Wet spots, drips or puddles around your pipes, sinks, toilets, taps, etc.
- A damp, musty or moldy smell that suddenly appears; there could also be a sewage smell coming from any plumbing fixtures
- Hearing water running even when all the fixtures are turned off
- A sudden increase in utility bills could be a sign of a hidden leak
- Suddenly feeling unusual dampness or humidity in the home
If your home has experienced water damage, it is important to know where to turn for water damage restoration so that the source of the water may be found and repaired, and the damaged fixed. ServiceMaster of Savannah has the knowledge, experience, and technology to help restore your home. We've been helping homeowners recover from water damage and guarantee your satisfaction when the job is done
Call the Experts Right Away When Damage Occurs
As soon as you discover water damage in your home or commercial space contact ServiceMaster of Savannah for repair and restoration. We will take care of your restoration and repair needs. Call us at 912.244.6966.