Keep your tile floors beautiful. There are several steps ServiceMaster by LoveJoy can take to preserve the cleanliness of your tile floors.
● Vacuum or sweep floors before mopping to remove as much dirt as possible, especially dirt that has settled into the grout.
● Mop tile regularly with a neutral cleaner. Rinse the mop in freshwater after mopping a small section. Then, remove excess water from the floors by mopping with a dry mop.
● Clean spills quickly to avoid staining floors.
● Avoid scratching and scraping your floors with actions like dragging chairs or furniture. Scratches and cracks on the floor easily capture dirt.
● Don’t use finish wax, ammonia-based cleaners, or bleach that can damage floors.
Tile Cleaning FAQs
· Why should I get tile & grout professionally cleaned?
High traffic gradually dulls the floors, and the grout becomes dark with dirt. Regular mopping only removes surface-level dirt.
● Is professional tile & grout cleaning expensive?
Professional tile and grout cleaning is just pennies compared to the cost of replacing tile. Call your local ServiceMaster Clean by LoveJoy of Atlanta, GA at 678-672-3222 to get an estimate from one of our professionals.
● How long does it take to get the tile & grout at my business professionally cleaned?
For a 300 square-foot area, cleaning generally takes 60 to 90 minutes. If you choose to have the grout sealed, we recommend waiting 24 hours after rinsing to apply the sealer so the sealer will adhere properly. Grout sealing itself takes two to three hours. Time varies based on tile size, the amount of soil in the grout, and room configuration.
● Will professional tile & grout cleaning be disruptive to my business?
The team at ServiceMaster Clean by LoveJoy will work with you to schedule a time after hours, or we can develop a customized program to clean your tile in sections. ServiceMaster Clean by LoveJoy's technician will let you know of dry times that you will need to be aware of.
● Can I use household cleaning products on my tile & grout surfaces?
Tile floors are easy to clean, and we recommend using a neutral cleaning agent. Please ask for information about specific ServiceMaster Clean products.
● How often do I need to get my tile & grout professionally cleaned?
To keep the tile floors in your property looking their best, we recommend having them professionally cleaned every year, depending on the amount of traffic, soil, and regular floor maintenance.
● When will I be able to walk on my floors after a tile & grout cleaning?
Stay off of freshly cleaned tile floors for at least 30 minutes. Avoid getting any liquid on the floor for 24 hours until the sealant cures completely if grout sealing is included as part of the service.
● Will there be an odor?
After tile and grout is cleaned, you may notice a faint scent. The amount of time it takes for the odor to dissipate is usually within an hour but varies based on air circulation, heat, and humidity.
● Do I need to do anything prior to the technician arriving for my scheduled service?
Simply pick up items on the floor, such as rugs, plants, and trash cans, as well as sweep or vacuum the area to be cleaned.
● Are there instructions to follow after my tile & grout surfaces are cleaned?
Stay off freshly cleaned tile for at least 30 minutes
, and avoid getting any liquid on the floor for 24 hours if the sealant has been applied. Return furniture (with the suggested use of felt pads) and rugs to floors after 24 hours.
Recommended Cleaning Schedule
To properly maintain your tile floors, vacuum or sweep and mop them regularly, as well as spot clean when needed. To keep your floors looking their best, ServiceMaster by LoveJoy recommends a professional cleaning every year, depending on the amount of traffic, soil, and regular floor maintenance.
ServiceMaster Clean by LoveJoy's Tile and Grout Cleaning Process
- Step 1: A technician will conduct a preliminary inspection of your tiled areas to determine the best cleaning method and identify heavily soiled and high-traffic areas.
- Step 2: Spots and stains will be pre-sprayed using state-of-the-art cleaning products.
- Step 3: The technician will use shielded high-pressure cleaning and extraction to remove dirt and ground-in soil. This cleaning method also provides a clean-water rinse and extracts excess water.
- Step 4: Care is taken to clean near all corners and baseboards.
- Step 5: All tiled areas are thoroughly dried.
- Step 6: The technician seals all grout lines to preserve cleanliness and prevent long-term damage. (This service is optional.)
Contact ServiceMaster Clean by Lovejoy at 678-672-3222 to schedule tile and grout carpet cleaning services in Roswell, Conyers, GA and surrounding areas.